This page details what not to do as to avoid getting locked by our automatic anti-zerg system:
'Zerging' is what we term any act of coöperation between characters in game in the same town operated by the same player (identified by using an identical IP address) towards a shared and identical goal.
'Alt' is short for 'alternate character', a character different from the mainly used one operated by the same player.
The anti-zerg filter is constrained by both proximity and time factors, so as long as you keep your characters apart as outlined in Mo's suburb rule you will be fine.
What gets you locked? (For these situations imagine you're player A and you control 2 characters called 'Silencio' and 'Mo' whom both reside in 'Twilight' town.)
- If both Silencio and Mo attack the same character within a certain timespan and within a certain block radius, both get locked, immediately.
This is a clear example of using the superior force of 2 characters against 1 other.
- But what if the target moves?
If there is enough space between the next encounter by another of your characters and the target, then the attack will not count as a zerg and you'll not be locked. So if Mo attacks Noob1 and Noob1 flees to another suburb somewhere, where Silencio encounters him, then Silencio is free to attack him without having to fear automated locking. This is the radius factor. (see also Mo's suburb rule)
- But what if both me (dayshift) and my co-worker (nightshift) share an IP and his character stumbles on the same target at the same location?
As long as there has enough time passed it will not count as a zerg, now while this time is short for personal encounters, it's very long for attacks on the same tile so it's best not to even try. Characters really must not share knowledge.
- If both Silencio and Mo attack characters of the same group within a certain timespan and within a certain block radius, both get locked, immediately.
As above: creating an army of alts to wipe out a group in their general HQ environments will not fly, so even if they don't all hide on the exact same tile, it will get you locked.
- If both Silencio and Mo attack any character on the same tile within a certain timespan, both get locked, immediately.
Same as the group attacks case: creating and using alts to wipe out everyone gathered on tile, regardless of affiliation is not done.
Attack Special Cases
- If Silencio attacks on a tile where Mo has attacked or build a barricade: both locked
using 1 alt to tear down or build up cades and the other one to attack (beit invaders or residents), not done. 'Big' buildings count as a whole so if you attack the powerplant from 1 tile, don't expect to be able to use an alt on the other 3.
- If Silencio attacks a character that Mo previously has found in a search: both locked
using 1 alt to search the map and another to just hunt down those found, not done.
- If both Silencio and Mo heal the same character (or themselves) within a certain timespan and within a certain block radius, both get locked, immediately.
Don't use your alts to heal each other and don't use your alts to heal the same character to beef them up
- If both Silencio and Mo heal characters of the same group within a certain timespan and within a certain block radius, both get locked, immediately.
As above: creating an army of alts to make sure your group will be at full health before raiding is not permissible.
- If both Silencio and Mo reinforce/build the same barricade: both locked
It would be unfair to have an army of zergs built or break down a barricade.
- If both Silencio and Mo attack the same barricade: both locked
Can I check if people are zerging?
Yes, you can, just click on their profile link and scroll down. You'll see a list of their zerg offenses at the bottom if any.
That means everybody will know char YYY is my alt?!
Yes, suck it up, if you had followed Mo's suburb rule you wouldn't have been locked.
I am locked, now what?
Now you'll just have to wait. The system automatically unlocks locked characters in a random fashion every 15 minutes so your lock time might be < 15 minutes but it might also be longer. Your characters will get unlocked eventually, though not necessarilly at the same time.